Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentine's Day read

As I noted in my post from yesterday, "Pride and Prejudice" is one of my favorite stories as well as probably my all-time favorite movie (or at least one of them). I'm not a huge Keira Knightley fan - although I don't dislike her - but there's something about that Matthew MacFadyen that does it for me. His depiction of Darcy makes me swoon.

Which brings me to this post, I came across a book review in our local paper that talks about a new book, Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James. I've never read a James novel, but I believe this will be my first. It's a mystery, which is right up my alley, and also a take-off from where Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice ended. Darcy and Lizzy are married and have two sons. They live at Pemberley where  a murder occurs. Nothing like writing a new chapter to the world's best romance story. I'll be adding it to my reading list!



1 comment:

  1. My mom, daughter, and I have a standing date every year to watch the BBC version of P&P. We love it! I didn't know about the book, but I saw Death Comes to Pemberley on PBS and was seriously disappointed in the casting and storyline. I will always love Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth and hold them in high esteem as the true Lizzie and Mr. Darcy. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete